Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Waiting Game

Hello,

On Tuesday my mom went in for a CT scan of her body and today she underwent the
MUGA scan (MUltiple Gated Acquisition scan) of her heart. We are still awaiting all the results to determine and have a clear understanding of my mom's treatment. We were hoping we could get the test result tomorrow (Friday), as you can imagine we are all a little anxious! If we do not get them tomorrow we will get them on Wednesday morning, December 24th.

I will report my mom never ceases to amaze me. She is
soo very brave. Right now she has two companions who accompany her to her visits (in addition to my dad and I). She has Dozer the stuffed Labrador retriever puppy from the Sleep Number Store and George the dinosaur on loan to her by a friend from work.

I wish I had more news and I wish we had some answers but we are currently playing the waiting game.

Thanks again for your well wishes and prayers. Your support means the world!

1 comment:

  1. Chryssa. Thank you for keeping us up to date in such a expert way on your Mother's battle with cancer. It sounds like your Mom is handling the situation like a trooper. You are certainly a great support for her. I'm sure it means a lot to your Mom for you to be by her side as she goes through the chemo process and the vulnerability of having this terrible and frightening disease (Cancer). With you and your Dad by her side and all the prayers that are being said on her behalf, I am confident that the outcome will be victorious. We pray that God will continue to comfort her during her suffering through the treatment.
    You all are in our prayers. By the way, congratulation on your marriage.
    Ron and Sylvia Hamel

    ReplyDelete