Wednesday, January 28, 2009

No news is good news

Hello,

Well my mom's last treatment went so well there was not much to report and now we are coming up on her third treatment this Friday. Other than feeling tired and weak my mom's second treatment went very well. Nothing like the first! The big news for this week was a spider may have bit her, which caused a sore on her arm and a visit to the surgeon. Because of her chemo it's important to treat these things seriously so she does not develop staph infection. But all is well and the bite is healing nicely.


She had a Doctor's appointment with her oncologist and he said she is doing really well. He was able to determine the tumor is actually shrinking. Her iron is low which is common in chemo patients. If it gets any lower then they will start giving her iron shot. She needs to eat her broccoli!

Last week my mom's fabulous friends at work put together a hat and earring party! I would like to personally thank each an every one of you for your support. My mom received all kinds of beautiful earrings and head coverings. I read somewhere that in times like this, you'll never feel so loved! It's so true. Below is a picture taken at the party.

I finally had a chance to register the Race for the Cure team for my mom. Some of you may have received e-mails encouraging you to join the team. There are all kinds of ways you can participate. My personal favorite is: Sleep in for the Cure : ) I will be participating in the adult 5k walk non-competitive race. Our team name is: Martha's CUREsadors. Sorry, it's the best I could come up with! I hope you can participate or donate in some way to the cause. Please visit: http://www.komensanantonio.org/, to make a donation or register for the team.

As I said previously my mom's treatment is scheduled for this Friday. I pray this week's treatment goes just as well as the last treatment.

Hugs,

Chryssa

No comments:

Post a Comment