Hello,
Well my mom hit a milestone this past Friday, she made it past her first series of chemo! She did not experience the sever side effects as she did in the first treatment just the fatigue. Something new she has been experiencing with this last treatment is her fingertips have been hurting her so, she will be calling the Dr.'s office to see if this is normal.
For those of you who do not see my mom on a daily or even a weekly basis. I can report she looks surprisingly well. Aside from the hair loss and the darkening of her nail beds (both side effects of the chemo) she looks healthy! I find it interesting that people stare at my mom with her head coverings. Perhaps they think she is trying to make a fashion statement or its just plain curiosity? I just hope it is not ignorance. It sure will make me think twice the next time I see someone with a brightly colored scarf or hat on their head.
The next drug in the chemo series is Cytoxan. It will take approximately three hours to administer the drug. The side effects are very similar to the last my mom may begin to feel numbness in her fingers and the bottom of her feet.
My mom has 2 more series of chemo drugs left and each series will be administered in 4 treatments. I pray she continues to stay strong and only experiences mild side effects. Thank you to those who have donated to our Race for the Cure team and those of you who are serving as team members.
Best,
Chryssa
No comments:
Post a Comment